Ha ha, I had no idea I had so many people excited about my starting a blog! My original plan was just to have a blog to keep everyone updated while I was in China, but since I got such a great response from my readers (I feel like a celebrity, saying that ^_^) I figured I might as well start it now.
Yesterday I purchased and assembled this long-desired bookcase, courtesy of Ikea. Having built it all by myself, I feel quite proud of my accomplishment. Check out all its majesty:
Eh, might as well add a couple of pictures of my whole room. This room has always been a bit of a "decorating challenge" for Mom and I, but I think we're finally starting to get it together. The pictures don't really do it justice. It does look quite nice. And, ok, I'll admit the cardboard cutout of Aragorn is a little on the tacky side, but, come on! It's Aragorn for cryin' out loud! He's friggin' awesome.
This desk and wall area just makes me happy. I'm really pleased with how it has worked out, but please excuse my desk; it is more cluttered here than normal because I'm in the middle of rearranging my whole room. See my Rush calendar on the left? LOVE IT! I am so taking it with me to China. There's no way in heck that I can survive that long without my Boys. <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjmj9V8YwRVG0n9m-LeBT06nvyv87QCoRMk8VoCHTg2plaYti3hFbZuzMedMubezbePMe8Vt1zb_DNHXG6ZGxndhCrDqVgdb9kKWeli7Nesdyqph8kAoTQAhPLM1zt5UzTHgV9dEwrj-tw/s1600-h/IMGP3690.JPG">
I have a thing for naming my inanimate possessions. For instance: Hiro the Guitar (*hugs*) in the corner and my lappy Katsumoto on the desk, not to mention Nobutada the iPod and Bobby Singer, my car. It's silly, but fun. I find I take better care of my possessions when I name them. It probably is some psychological thing about attachment. But how would I know? I never took psychology.
5 comments:
Looks loverly! I'm so excited you have a blog, Madison! Yeah!!!
I'm off to Sea World again and to the cannery in San Antonio to stock up on some bulk items. See you soon!
Maybe if I named all of my inanimate possessions I'd take better care of them.... Ya think? Although, you've already got all the good names. I mean, what could I name my iPod, Vin? And what about my car...that hasn't actually been born yet. Dean? I mean, really. You've beat me to the punch.
I like the bookshelf, by the way. What'd you end up doing with that calligraphy thing you bought at Shibaozhai?
I am happy you love your room. It is a fun place to hang out and I love that you get a kick out of the simple things in life. You have always made everything fun, what a great quality to have. Too bad you are leaving it all behind in a few short weeks. I wonder which kid will take over?
Your room looks great Madison! Did you knock some walls down and add new walls (or something)? I don't remember your room being that shape.
I think the cut-out of that guy is a little freaky (as in scary).
Okay, I am not rushing out the door so I can really look at your pictures and actually read your first real post. I like the red tones in your room and that Robin's egg paint color is so soft and pretty. The two tones look nice together. Way to go on your book shelf. I like your big M above your bed and the little topiary. I agree with your Aunt Maryanne on the cardboard guy. I'm looking forward to some more exciting days in the life of Madison.
Post a Comment