Saturday, July 4, 2009

Celtic Celebration

Maybe I waited a month to update this accursed blog just because I wanted to generate suspense...


Nah. I'll be honest - It's because I forgot.

This past Tuesday I rebelled a little and (*gasp!*) skipped taekwondo. It was for a good reason, to be sure. Two of my bestest buds, Gloria and Krista, are Irish dancers, which is massively cool. Their school, An Dragan Ceilteach, had their annual Celtic Celebration performance, and I went along for the festivities. It's the most fun I've had at a dance recital.

Gloria is the one in the back with the long hair. She's one of the school's stars; she has been dancing for years and years, and now is one of their teachers. She rocks the dance floor!


Krista hard shoeing it up in the navy blue dress. Krista has been doing Irish dance for about three or four years now, if I remember correctly. She is quite talented!


This dance was from the Halloween recital - hence the creepy masks. It was a really fun dance and the music fit perfectly. I think Glo choreographed it... Gloria and Krista were both in this one. Glo has the striped leggings and arms, and Krista is the one in the mullet wig.






Gloria's solo




Every year Gloria choreographs a couple's dance, which pretty much anyone can join, regardless of dancing ability. The song usually tells a story, and her choreography matches. This year's was so much fun. The costumes rocked.




My favorite part of Celtic Celebration was the huge Matrix Revolutions dance at the end. It was so awesome! The outfits they found for the dance were perfect. I snapped a pic of Krista in her costume after the performance.


I took a video of the dance, but I'm having trouble uploading it. I'll see if I can get it on here later.

2 comments:

Krista-la said...

I've only been dancing for two years, but I forgive thee. :) Thanks for posting this! You are awesome. I'm glad that you had fun.

Kelly said...

How cool is that? I love all your pictures. I'm impressed that your friends are involved in this. The suspense was worth it.