A couple of months back I decided to start my own tradition, a sort of weekly holiday, if you will. I call it Graphic T-Shirt Friday, or simply T-Shirt Friday (see, I had to add the "graphic" on there to be more specific). Today I'm wearing a shirt with Obi-Wan Kenobi on the front and the quote "That business on Cato Neomoidia doesn't count" on the back. I have quite a collection. Most feature characters and lines from my favorite movies and television shows, but I do have a couple of Rush shirts and this, my latest find:
My good friend Abby sent me a link to a website that had a list of "101 T-Shirts for Scientists, Science Geeks, and Nerds!" which has turned out to be a veritable cornucopia of excellent potential T-Shirt Friday attendees. Among my favorites are (the two Star Wars shirts are from another site):









It got me thinking. When I come home from my mission and graduate school and land a job as a science teacher, I want to continue the tradition of rockin' t-shirts on Fridays. That is, I will if the school will let me... Heck, I'd stick with the science theme if they felt it was more academic. Either way, I'm going to be the cool science teacher.





4 comments:
Love it like crazy. You HAVE to get "The sun is trying to kill me" shirt. The geology and physics rock and roll shirt is pretty sweet if you ask me.
I like the idea of theme days. Like Heather's "donut Friday". It gives you something to look forward to on a regular basis. I did "bean day" for years and some others, but that is so not exciting. I need a "Candy Monday", or "Sweets Saturday" or I could just steal Heather's idea....
You will be a cool teacher one day.
You say "I did bean day" as if I don't remember it. Ohhh yes, I remember Bean Day Wednesday. I hated Wednesdays. My strategy was to gulp it down as fast as I could and avoid the ham if possible. The only good thing about Bean Day was that sometimes we'd have pickled onions with it, but not very often, and we'd only get four or five at a time. How I suffered in those days...
K, your mom stole my idea!! I was reading your post thinking about how you could merge t-shirt Friday with donut Friday, and she beat me to it! That's ok, Julie--good thinking!!!! Sounds like much better than "bean day." I really should be more like your mom and make the boys eat the good stuff...nah! You will be a seriously cool science teacher!!
I love LOVE these shirts! So funny. I was thinking of going on another t-shirt binge, why not up the IQ on it this time eh?
Thanks for the point in the right direction!
Post a Comment