Friday, August 14, 2009

Mission Call, Belated

Yeah, yeah, I got it a week ago and pretty much all of you know where I'm going already, but here's the obligatory post about it.


I'm going on a mission! To Rochester, New York! Funny thing is, the day after I turned all my papers in, I left with my family to none other than Rochester for a family trip (for some pictures from our vacation, you can head on over to my mom's blog: she hasn't done a whole lot about it, but there are some pictures from Palmyra). Yup. Little did I know that I'd be back there come November, complete with name tag and beige nylons.

Which is partially a lie - I will never wear beige nylons.

I digress. The point is, I'm serving a mission and I couldn't be happier about it. Rochester is beautiful and there is so much Church history there. It's pretty much the best mission ever, and I'm not even out yet.

That's a good sign, I think.

4 comments:

me and the boys said...

Woo-hoo for you! I'm way excited for you!! You are going to be an awesome missionary, even if you don't EVER wear beige nylons.

p.s. Don't ever sell out your soul to them (the beige nylons)...it's not worth it! I lasted my 19 months without them and I turned out ok, I think. Hmmm...

Julie V. said...

I triple-dog-dare you to wear beige nylons!

Lynette M. said...

LOL! I did not wear nylons on my mission either! Oh except when we had big conferences and the mission President came! I was an anti-nylon missionary! And I think the Lord still blessed me and those I was serving! I hope so, at least, maybe I'll get to heaven and have people running up to me saying they would have joined the church if I had just worn those darn nylons!! You will be an awesome missionary!! Im so excited for you!

Kelly said...

Lynette, I don't think she was saying no to all nylons, but just beige ones. Am I right, Madison?

Congratulations on your awesome mission call! I'm very happy for you and cannot wait to see you grow and learn so much. Not that you need it. Missions just do that to people.