Saturday, September 26, 2009

Old Pictures From Vacation

This post is an assortment of pictures taken over the past couple of months. I don't exactly have much to blog about these days, so this is what you get.

This is Brinley and some of our cousins eating delicious jiao ze (potstickers or dumplings) in Chinatown. Being in Chinatown really made me nostalgic. I kept accidentally saying things in Chinese to the shopkeepers.


This was part of an exhibit at Philadelphia's Franklin Institute. The exhibit was all about going to the moon and being an astronaut, but this was my favorite - teeny tiny robots!!!! Aren't they CUTE?!?


That day in Philadelphia our family split up: Dad and Mom took Morgan and Thomas to Betsy Ross's house and a couple of historic sites while Nathaniel, Brinley, and I went to the Franklin Institute. The reason we went there? This.


Actually, I didn't know that I would have the chance to sit in Captain Kirk's chair until we got there. But isn't that COOl? The day we arrived in Philadelphia we were driving around in our rental car and out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of the Enterprise, which turned out to be an advertisement for this exhibition. Immediately I announced that I would be going there no matter what it took, so thankfully the parents relented and the three of us got to go see it. Needless to say, I had an absolute fantastic time there.

We actually weren't supposed to take pictures, and the museum workers kept pretty close watch on us patrons, but I did manage to sneak the one above and this one here. I took this picture mostly to show Morgan and Nicole because this knife looks exactly like the one Mayor Wilkins gives to Faith in the third season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


2 comments:

me and the boys said...

Madison, I love your posts on your blog! I hope somehow you are able to keep up with it when you are out on your mission. It sounds like the whole trip you took with your family was so fun, but who knew you'd run into the enterprise?! Ok, ok, I know my punctuation is terrible because I love exclamation points, but what's not to love about a good exclamation point?! Or not.

Btw, in between your last two posts you went through a big change in your life...it's not everyday you turn 21 and hit such a milestone. That was too kind of you to play for the primary's program practice on your birthday, and hopefully the Thai food after was great. Take care!!

Julie V. said...

That knife looks sharp.


Those potstickers were so good!!!!!!

I bet the punctuation gods hate me. I love exclamation points too.