Thursday, December 11, 2008

More of Shenzhen and a Few Reminiscences

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Shenzhen to get a few last-minute Christmas gifts (I say last-minute because I'm leaving in 7 days!!) and to pick up the clothes I had made at the tailor's shop. I am really excited to see how my stuff turned out. Hopefully there aren't any major problems, because I won't be able to go back again.

With only a week left, I realize how lucky I am to have been here. I've seen and done (and eaten >_<) things I'd never even dreamed of before. It has been one of the most interesting, challenging, and exciting experiences of my life. If I could turn back time, I certainly wouldn't trade it for the world. I might not have come with the same volunteer program, but I'd definitely have chosen to come to China. I love this country. The people here are so friendly and willing to help.

Well, enough of that sappy stuff. I have to go, as it is getting really late and Bre wants to go to sleep (I'm on her lappy). I'll see you all very soon!

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Can't wait to see you in "7 days"! (And we REALLY need you back in Primary! *tee hee*) Seems like you've been gone for 7 years!!

Kelly said...

It's been an exciting time for you, Madison. Now maybe you'll be brave enough to come visit us in Austin--that'll be nothing compared to China! Travel home safely. Ik hou van jou.

Brooke said...

Madison!

Dearest cousin of mine! You are going to be home SO SOON!!!! I'm very excited! :) Best wishes as you finish up and travel home.

Loves!

- Brookie

Krista-la said...

May the Force be with you on this last leg of the journey. You are such an amazing friend. I am proud of you and am super excited to see you!!! It snowed a bunch today...the gold course calls us...