Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shopping Extravaganza!

Last Friday, my friend Natalie and I went on a day trip to the nearby city of Shenzhen to do a bit of last-minute shopping. We left our apartments on the noon bus, and then caught a bus to Shenzhen at 1:30. It's a two-hour trip to Shenzhen, in which I worked a few more rows on my sock (which is coming along swimmingly, I might add) and caught a few winks.

The first thing we wanted to do when we got to the shopping center in Shenzhen was stop at the tailor's. She had come to Shenzhen a week before with her mom and sister to have some things made and needed to pick them up. I wanted to get some clothes made, so I had brought photos of what I wanted. The tailor I went to has made clothes for my friend Amy and they've all turned out so nice. I had two dresses and two skirts for myself made as well as a formal dress for Morgan, my mei mei (little sister). They should be done in a few days, and then I'll go back to pick them up.

I had some other things in mind that I wanted to buy, so Nat and I set off to find them. Boy did we get some deals! I'd show pictures, but obviously, that's bust. Just know that we had an awesome time and we got some really great stuff. My family is going to have an excellent haul this Christmas.

ARGH! I hate not having Katsumoto alive!

5 comments:

Krista-la said...

You know how I feel about shopping, but I'm glad that you found such joy in that experience. :) MTFBWY!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Can't wait to see the haul you made off with. Shopping in China must be kind of like shopping in China town, except SUPER CHARGED!!!

Maryanne said...

Can't wait to see what you bought me!! *tee hee HEE!*

Kelly said...

What SHE said!!! (your other auntie)

me and the boys said...

Your mom told me about your shopping the other day--I'm not a shopper, but I must say that does sound like fun. Have a great time your last week there. Can't wait to see you soon!!!!! Holy cow-you will be home in a week!