Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Knitting Project

 
I have started my first knitting project since my disastrous attempt at a dishrag when I was eleven.  If you'd have seen that dishrag, you would understand why it took me so long to get back into knitting!  Oma (my father's mother) taught me how to knit years ago, and I had forgotten about it until recently, when I decided it was high time my rabid obsession with the Harry Potter series had a new outlet.  I give you the beginnings of a Slytherin House scarf:



The finished project will have 19 alternating stripes like what you see above and fringe on the two ends.  So far it's going really well.  Heck, I've already got about 50 rounds knitted in just a day!

And just because I feel like it, here's another Joker plug.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course you're knitting a slytherin scarf. Of course. Because, they're not the _bad_ guys or anything.

^_^

Maryanne said...

Love the scarf (even though it is.....'gasp' Slytherin!).
And that joker guy is just plain scary. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that underneath that dread is Heath Ledger.

Koey said...

I don't know what's nerdier: the fact that your first knitting project involves a Slytherin scarf, or the fact that you end a post with a random Joker plug. :)