Friday, July 18, 2008

Movie Review


Holy. Freakin'. Cow.  I went to see The Dark Knight last evening at midnight, and I was surprised to discover that I have a...

NEW FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!


Seriously, it was amazing!  Well, mostly it was The Joker that was amazing, but you get the idea.  XD  As Nicole so aptly put it, Dark Knight has surpassed Batman Begins as the quintessential superhero movie.  Say goodbye to Jack Nicholson's laughable portrayal of one of the best villains of all time!  Heath Ledger's Joker positively stole the show.  I have since eaten my words on this front: many of my friends will attest to the fact that I vehemently opposed Ledger's casting.  I am happy to now report otherwise.  I'm a big Christian Bale fangirl, but man alive, thanks to our painted antagonist, I was so not interested this go-round.  He embodied The Joker in a perfect mix of sheer evil, sociopathic tendencies, and downright creepy qualities.  


Aside from The Joker, the rest of the movie was equally fantastic.  I very much enjoyed the gritty, edgy feel of the film.  For those of you who enjoyed Batman Begins, be prepared to be just as enthralled, and maybe a little disturbed.  Dark Knight is significantly darker than its predecessor, and I would strongly advise caution when considering taking children to see it.

I realize this isn't so much a review as a fangirl squee-fest, but there you have it.  Go see The Dark Knight - it's a riot.


"Why so serious?"



3 comments:

Julie V. said...

I wonder how in the world I would guess that this would be your new favorite movie!? You are so predictable...and easy to please to a certain extent. I am just counting down the days that you start downloading every single Joker picture onto your computer and when you put the soundtrack on your iPod. You are so funny my sweet daughter. I am excited to see this movie with my main squeeze, it will be a riot for sure. I can't imagine Christian Bale not being as totally awesome in this one as he was in the first. He has got to be the hottest guy ever, outside of Dad, of course!

David said...

Dark Knight was certainly better than Batman Begins and that was a fantastic movie.

I'm really excited about the Watchmen. Loved the trailer!

Favorite Rorschach quote:
"The world will look up and shout, 'save us', and I'll whisper.... 'no'".

Kelly said...

I'm still cracking up about the comment you made while I was there when you said, "Older people don't like it as much."

It was you who said that, right?

I'm officially "older," if this is the means of determining that.