RATS!
My hard drive failed last night.
I was watching a movie while uploading photos online for my blog (I was going to post about my weekend in Chengdu with my aunt and uncle), when my computer suddenly started acting all slow-ish and stuff. I tried to quit the other applications, but it just froze up. Restarting it obviously was not the thing to do, for when my beloved Katsumoto booted up, all that was to be seen on the screen was a flashing '?' symbol.
Great.
It isn't as bad as it could be, because I have an external hard drive and I'd backed up my lappy the day before I'd left for Chengdu, but I did lose the photos I took there. *sigh* Oh well. I ordered a new hard drive online, and hopefully it will get here in the next two or three weeks. The irony in the situation is that I've been looking into upgrading my hard drive for about two months, as my old 80-giger was dangerously close to being full, and I had to keep deleting things to keep it all going. The one I've got coming is 250 gigs, and I got it for a pretty good deal.
Man, this bites. You have my apologies, as this blog will be significantly less exciting for the next few weeks. Text-only posts... mmm.



5 comments:
Way to go on the back up! Are the pictures really gone? None on your camera or anything?
Hey, you need to check out carbonite.com. It seriously rocks as far as backing up all your stuff online. My hard drive died in the middle of our Route 66 trip, and carbonite SAVED me, since I had just downloaded all 800pictures from the first few days of our trip. I only lost a few pictures that didn't make it before it died, but carbonite is the way to go. Sorry about losing your pictures; what a bummer. It's just good to hear from you again.
Pictures from your trip with Aunt Gabby gone!? Maybe it is your punishment for *sneaking* pictures in the little panda hospital> ;)
I'm glad you didn't lose more.
I miss my Madirhea!
*sniff* Oh, Katsumoto! I cry-a for you! *le sob* I'm sorry! That is so sad. It must be the work of them. I must recruit Ru to develop a plan...
We'll wait. We still like your verbage posts and your coloful words. --Hugs and kisses from Aunt Kelly!
Post a Comment