I mentioned in my Halloween post that I'd fallen while getting out of some exercise equipment and bruised my shin pretty badly. Ta daaa! My humongous bruise. These pictures don't do it justice at all. Unfortunately for me, my bruises tend to stay nice and normal flesh-colored, so they're never very obvious.
The whole thing has swelled to the size of my hand and is very tender to the touch. It's painful to walk very far or quickly. So much for my promise to run five days a week, Mom. My only consolation is that it looks worse as time passes, so hopefully it will be downright horrifying in a few days. After all, what's the point in having a minor injury if you can't show it off?
You can kind of see the swelling in this photo. It really is bad - my shin is now convex rather than concave.
It's lame, but this is probably the worst injury I've had in several years. I am lucky in that I've never broken a bone or needed stitches. Heck, I don't think I've ever properly sprained anything, either. Hopefully that luck continues for the rest of my stay here.



8 comments:
Oooo! Minor injuries! Minor injuries!!! *stares* Hmmm...if you didn't know me any better, you'd probably think that I was a psychopath. Like Spoon. But different. Ouch. I'm sorry that you were attacked by a rowing machine but seeing you alive brings warm feelings into my heart! I'm glad that you're okay. *huggins*
Ouch looks way painful! I would help you with my nursing skills, unfortuanately you are on the other side :p Yikes, But its COOOL!!! my nursing nerdiness comes out...:) i'm sorry for the pain from it. :p *huggins* *kisses better* in a good way;)
oops, thats me, i dont know why it called me anonymous
oops, thats me, i dont know why it called me anonymous
Looks like Megan is having some...."issues" with leaving comments! ;o)
All I can say is....owie! Hope it's feeling better. Did you hear that Lori T. got attacked by a dog when she was delivering a Primary CD to one of her kids in her class? Totally bit her all over her legs and left major bruising. She hurt for a looong time.
Owee. I hope your leg feels better soon. You make me sound bad when you say you promised me you'd run 5 days a week. The helicopter mom still has control of her child even in China!!! Ha ha ha!
Poor Madison. It looks painful!
Well, if it makes you feel any better, even though I can't tell that it's very bruised, I can tell that it's all swollen. And I can remember many instances of you getting hit pretty intensely at TKD and not having a good bruise to show for it. So I'm giving you full minor-injury sympathy points, despite the lack of apparent bruising. :)
Post a Comment