Friday was such a fun day! Bond paid for us teachers to take a bus to Guangzhou and go to the opening ceremonies to a week-long Guangdong province tourism convention. The show was a ton of fun and Jackie Chan even sang! I was thrilled to see him in real life. I'll post more about this with photos when I get Katsumoto (soon to be Kaito) up and running. According to the company from which I purchased his new drive, the package cleared customs nearly a week ago and should be here any day now.
For now, I'll just post something that doesn't require pictures.
Have you ever done anything on this list? The ones I have done will be in orange.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity ('course, that was in high school when more than I could afford was twenty bucks. actually, that's still more than I can afford. huh.)
7. Been to Disneyland (wo ai Disneyland!)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (karaoke ^_^)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (does the art of sock knitting count?)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (been to it, was unable to go to top)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (heh - "slept")
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Ran a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (again, back in high school before I came to China. twice. >_<)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (though I might have by the end of the day. long story.)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (after the wreck, right, Mom?)
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (not a pleasant memory. having a nervous breakdown underwater in full scuba gear is unsettling.)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (YES!!)
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (VERY YES!!!)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (not allowed, as we lived in Holland when I was a wee 'un)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check (technically it was an online payment via my checking account)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square ("Yatta!")
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (working on that. Chronicles 2, chapter 5)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (best turkey I ever ate)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Ray Park = Toad from the X-Men movies and Darth Maul)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee (heh - first time was on my rear)
Sunday, November 30, 2008
I Have...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
YOU SAW JACKIE CHAN IN PERSON?!?! That's so cool! He has an awesome voice. I do hope that no mind-tricking was necessary to obtain the new hard drive. However, if it was, I'm glad that you were able to use it effectively.
Wait...Bond paid for you? You know James Bond?!?! Oooo! Pictures! Ooohhhh...wait. I get it.
Wow, you saw Jackie Chan!? In China?! How cool is that. I jsut have one question, is your computer getting a sex change?
Yay for Kaito! I'm glad you decided to maintain the Japanese theme. It was really the way to go. Though, you may want to explain to your mom that Kaito is not a female name. :) And I'm gonna steal your cool blogging thing and do it on Facebook, mokay?
First of all, what is your mother talking about?? Second, I enjoyed reading your list. Are you so excited that you're coming home soon? I miss you! Hugs and kisses from Aunt Kelly
Post a Comment