Friday, August 22, 2008

A Safe Arrival

Thankfully, I have arrived here in Hong Kong in one piece.  And, perhaps just as gleefully, I can say the same for my luggage!  The trans-Pacific flight was surprisingly pleasant, considering how much I hate flying.  I had two open seats next to me, so I laid down and got about 7 or 8 hours of shut-eye.  I definitely think someone was looking out for me.  

I'm in Hong Kong for the next two days, and so far it has been lots of fun.  A taifoon is blowing in tonight, so most everything is closing up early.  We were told to stick to the hotel this evening, because the wind and rain can get pretty violent.  Mom, you should probably leave out that detail when relating this post to Thomas. >_<

I don't have any photos other than these two I snapped of the HK airport to show Nicole.  I'm sure you remember what took place at this counter, Koey!  Heh heh.  Oh, the memories...

Talk to you again soon!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, wouldn't that be a Typhoon? Not a Taifoon?

*Spelling-Slap*

Oh how the mighty have fallen....

Abby said...

I think that is actually the local spelling... Right Mamison?

Oh boyyyy I'm so excited to hear about all your adventures. And see pictures. And... other things... that I can't think of.. :D

I miss you! Be safe and have a grand ol' time!

Koey said...

Ha ha! Oh my gosh, of course I remember that counter! Lol! I remember trying so hard not to fall asleep, because I was nervous we were gonna get left behind, and I remember trying to read that Brandon Sanderson book, and listening to Heat of the Moment and Prince Caspian, and looking at that vending machine and being SHOCKED that a bottle of water cost $10.00 (tho I know now that it was HK$, lol). And I remember waiting in line FOREVER at that counter, and going back and forth trying to convince people we REALLY were supposed to be on the plane...ha ha. That was so fun, now, in hindsight. At the time, I was just freaking out because of my overactive imagination, thinking we were gonna be stranded in Hong Kong for the rest of our lives, and worse, with no cell phones or laptops! Tee hee hee... well I'm glad you made it in safely, and I'm totally jealous that you're in Hong Kong and I'm not!!!! Lol. Have an awesome two days!

O, and btw...my dad told me that I had to tell you that he sold his wing for $205. Ha ha. He was so shocked that everything went according to plan. He said to say thanks and have fun! :)

Julie V. said...

Yea you arrived safely. It was great to hear your voice on the phone yesterday, but today at church Abby said she talked to you today and said you were not to happy. That is the wrong thing to tell a mom when their child is in a foreign country without family to watch over them! I hope you are okay. I can't wait til you post again. Be safe is all I can say, oh and of course, I love you!

Kelly said...

I'm so sad that I didn't see this post earlier, so I could try to cheer you up earlier! I hope you get settled in better and more at ease.

Yes, like Nathan, I could tell things weren't right when you said taifoon. May your spelling be flawless and your days be un-lonely.

Love,
Aunt Kelly or in Engrish Aunt Kerry