This should have been blogged about several weeks ago, but to be honest, I kind of forgot. Oh well! Here it is anyway. Check out all its majesty...
Three of my bestest friends in the whole wide world decided, since I'll be in China on September the 25th, to throw me an early birthday party. We all donned a dress or skirt and headed to Murray Park to goof around and take pictures.
Here we are: Krista, Megan, Gloria, and I
I had some fun with the photo editing software on my computer, as evidenced by the next few photos. (I took this one! And I'm quite proud of it.)
I actually stood up on this rail just after the picture was taken, but it was scary to be up that high and I jumped back down pretty quick.
Mmm... high-contrast black and white.
Can you tell I like the old-fashioned blurry edges effect? Kinda got carried away with it. >_< I really like how this one turned out.
By the time we got to the park, it was about nine o'clock and the light was dwindling. Unfortunately, out of all the dozens of pictures we took, only a few came out focused. So for this one, I made it more blurry and emphasized the greens and blues.
Woo hoo! I finally have my own Barbie of Callisto, my secret agen... *cough cough* I mean, Martial Artist Barbie! Custom-designed and made for me by the girls, Callisto sports a stylish pair of leather pants, complete with a Han Solo-esque stripe down each of the side seams; an Asian-style tank top; a black leather motorcycle jacket to match her trousers, and a pair of riding boots. She came with several accessories, including sunglasses; a toaster; a Pop Tarts box with two Pop Tarts; a plushie of her crush, Agent Sudoku; and a bottle of Drakkar Noir, Sudoku's cologne. Weapons included are: one bo staff with a red tassel, a pair of sai, one Chinese broadsword, and a pair of nunchaku. Oh yes, and two life-size ninja stars - can't forget those. On the box it reads "Two Ninja Star For You!" Gotta love Engrish...
All in all, this was one of my most fun birthdays ever. Thanks, gang, for a great time and a beautiful present. I'll miss you in China!



3 comments:
How fun. You have some great friends, Madison. You are so hilarious. I love you and wish you the best on your trip to China. I hope it all goes well and you actually get there this time. You're such a joy, a talented young woman, and an incredible niece.
I am SO glad you had Fun! I had fun too! I love the pics! we are so awesome:)
Woot! I would have to say that it was such an amazing party. Tasty food, pictures of joy, Barbies...fun, fun fun. :)
Post a Comment